Bible Birds – Owls
And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be a habitation of dragons, and a court for owls. The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest. There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate. (Isaiah 34:13-15)
Owls are divided into two different families in the:
Fun Owl Facts for Kids
Owl is mentioned in 8 verses in the KJV and the word Owls is in 6 verses.
- The owls, little owls, great owls, and screech owls are in the Bible.
- Other versions lists – horned owls, eagle owl, short-eared, long-eared owl, barn owl and a white owl.
Check out our range of fun owl facts for kids. Learn what owls eat, how they hunt, what a group of owls is called and much more.
Read on and enjoy a variety of interesting information about owls.
- There are around 200 different owl species.
- Owls are active at night (nocturnal).
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- Most owls hunt insects, small mammals and other birds.
- Some owl species hunt fish.
- Owls have powerful talons (claws) which help them catch and kill prey.
- Owls have large eyes and a flat face.
- Owls can turn their heads as much as 270 degrees.
- Owls are farsighted, meaning they can’t see things close to their eyes clearly.
- Owls are very quiet in flight compared to other birds of prey.
- The color of owl’s feathers helps them blend into their environment (camouflage).
- Barn owls can be recognized by their heart shaped face.
(Taken from Science Kids Fun Facts and here.)
- Bible Birds – Owl Introduction
- Birds of the Bible – Owls
- Birds of the Bible – Barn Owls
- Bible Birds – Owl’s Provision
- Birds of the Bible – Eagle Owl – Video in Slow Motion
- Bible Birds – Snowy Owl in Florida
- Bible Birds – Barred Owl (at Lowry)
- Owls – Peterson’s Guide
- Owl Photos
- Owl Videos
- Nave’s Topical Bible – Owl
- Torrey’s Topical Textbook – Owl
- Barred Owl at Lowry Park Zoo Today
- Birds Vol 1 #6 – The Snowy Owl
- I Don’t Show Off – The Great Horned Owl by ajmithra
- Ian’s Bird of the Week – Southern Boobook by Ian
- Sunday Inspiration – Owls – “How Great Thou Art” @Sean Fielder
- Waterman Bird Collection – Hawks and Owls