Here is the latest article from Lee’s Birdwatching Adventures Plus. Birds of the Bible for Kids just in the coasting stages. Most of the articles have been removed, and placed on to the main blog. It was time to put these articles back over onto their original site. Many of you readers keep adding to the reader’s list, but all the activity is going on on the main blog. Please check it out for current articles. [Thank you for visiting. Lee]I have to admit that eating breakfast, or other meals here at home are quite an adventure. We have been in our new home just under 20 months now, and our list of birds either seen or flying by, just keeps increasing.
Our chairs at the table are by double-sliding glass doors. Just this morning while eating breakfast we saw two White-bellied Whistling Ducks [in the yard], Muscovy and Pekin ducks by the water, along with a Great Blue Heron walking along the shore. A female Anhinga diving for fish, A Great Egret flying by low over the water, and the Grackles and Fish Crows flying around. Not bad for a breakfast meal.
Yesterday, we added a new flyover to our list of birds seen from our windows and patio. A Roseate Spoonbill flew by my view while sitting at the table. [No pictures taken for any of the above]
Here is our growing LIST OF BIRDS: [in the order we wrote them down – also added an article posted on the blog of each type listed. Most by me, but also by Dr. Jim and William Wise]
- Muscovy Ducks – Proud Muscovy Duck
- Kingfisher – That “Devil Bird” Kingfisher
- American Woodcock – Tickle Me Tuesday – Bouncy Woodcock
- Bald Eagle – ALASKA’S BALD EAGLE by James J. S. Johnson
- Loggerhead Shrikes – Social Distancing and Mask by Birds
- Eastern Phoebe – Unsung Heroes
- Palm Warblers – Palm Warbler Through Our Window
- House Sparrows – Eye of the Beholder – House Sparrows
- House Finches – Today’s Visitor To The Feeder – House Finch
- Mallard Ducks – Lots of Ducks and Geese
- Mottled Ducks – Our Ducky Backyard
- Eastern Wood-Pewee – Vol. 2, No. 4 – The Wood Pewee
- Redwinged Blackbirds – Redwing Pond
- Mourning Doves – Bible Birds – Doves and Pigeons
- Boat-tailed Grackles – Gatorland Grackle
- Sandhill Cranes – Rabbit Chasing Sandhill Crane
- Great Egrets – Great Egret by Dan
- Great Blue Herons – Great Blue Herons – Gatorland
- Little Blue Herons – Lord’s Avian Wonders – Little Blue Heron – Searching
- Tricolored Herons – Tricolored Herons at Gatorland
- Anhingas – Eye of the Beholder – Anhinga
- White Ibises – Appreciating White Ibises (and Other Birds in Florida)
- Red Shouldered Hawk – Beware, Squirrels: Red-shouldered Hawk!
- Wood Storks – Latest Wood Stork Encounter
- Green Heron – Backyard Birding – Green Heron
- Cardinals – Cardinals Watching Out For Fallen Baby
- Northern Mockingbirds – Sunday Inspiration – Mockingbirds and Thrashers
- Ospreys – Osprey Feeding On His Catch of the Day
- Snowy Egret – Close Encounter With A Snowy
- Killdeer – Lee’s Four Word Thursday – 3/17/16
- Limpkin – The Limpkin – Created Special..
- Cattle Egrets – Bad Feather Day
- Runner Duck – Our Ducky Backyard
- Wood Ducks – Birds Vol 2 #1 – Wood Duck
- Roseate Spoonbill – Birds of the Bible – Roseate Spoonbill
Since we haven’t been doing much birding lately, I trust looking through this list, you will also enjoy a bit of the past birding adventures.
“Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:” (Psalms 103:2 KJV)